Storm Damage Repair & Insurance Claims Experts in Minnesota, Colorado, Texas & Georgia
When your home is damaged by wind or hail, it is important to file your insurance claim as soon as possible. We can help you through these steps and ensure that what damage we found during your inspection, is relayed to your insurance company to properly file the claim. However, it doesn’t stop here. It’s not a matter of an adjuster coming to the home, assessing the damage, and the insurance company settling for a fair amount. There’s some legwork on our end of the matter as well, such as documenting the specific storm damaged items on your home through photos and measurements.
At Cheetah Roofing, we can help you through the insurance claims process to make it easier for you. Damage to your home makes for a stressful situation. Our goal is to relieve as much of the time that you have to spend on the claim, and get your home back to pre storm condition as soon as possible.
Help Through The Insurance Claims Process
Having experienced help through the insurance claims process is important. The help that we provide is from experienced office staff and field managers. Not every company can offer this type of assistance through the process. The goal is to maximize the fair settlement on your claim of the damaged items.
Here is how the process goes:
- Call Cheetah Roofing and we will arrive the same day or the next day to do a free inspection. We can also quickly mitigate the damage with emergency tarps so no further damage occurs.
- Call your insurance company as soon as possible so the claims process can begin. We can help you contact them right after our inspection where we show you pictures of your homes specific damages, that way you’re correctly reporting what may need to be repaired.
- Your insurance adjuster will contact you directly, usually within 24-48 hours of calling in your claim. He or she will let you know when they would like to inspect your home. Call your Cheetah Roofing sales person to notify us of the insurance adjusters name and phone number so that we can coordinate meeting them at your home for the claim inspection.
- We will arrive early for the adjuster appointment and help perform a thorough assessment of the damage so we can provide a proper itemization of the components needing replacement. We use the same software used by insurance companies so that the scope and pricing match up.
- You can dispute the settlement amount if it is not enough or if the claim is denied and we can guide you through this.
- The insurance company will make their decision on approving damaged items on your home, usually at the adjuster appointment.
- They will issue you a first check called the ACV check. (Actual Cash Value). It is a portion of the overall claim that allows us to begin your project.
- We will install the items per the insurance companies scope and then invoice them when it is complete. The insurance company will send you the second check called Depreciation. This final check will be paid to us along with your deductible and will complete your project.
Sometimes the insurance claims process is cut and dry and other times it is more involved. Regardless of what occurs during the process, we are there to help you.
Former Insurance Claim Processors And Field Managers On Our Staff
We are so knowledgeable in the area of insurance claims because we have former claims processors and field managers on our staff. This expertise is extremely important to you and to us because you need to have a fair settlement that will pay for the damages done to your home.
Contact Us Today For A Fast & Free Estimate
We’re FAST! Call us at 952-412-0094 for Minnesota, in Colorado at 720-693-4516, Texas at 832-970-6603 , and in Georgia at 678-877-4896 and we’ll come right over.